- placing limits on deposit taking institutions on leverage and size
- prohibiting proprietary trading from deposit taking institutions
- does not get rid of "too big to fail" syndrome
- would not have stopped firms like Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers from failing or being propped up, even though they are not deposit taking institutions.
- does not address the issue of regulatory capture
- does not address culpability of SEC, congress, and Fed in causing problem.
- Goldman Sachs comes off as a huge winner at the expense of its competition.