Saturday, November 19, 2005

Useless Republicans

Seems like Mark Steyn has the same thoughts on the utter uselessness of Republicans in the U.S. House and Senate with pushing a conservative agenda. My favourite line:
Well, I would be in favor of wrapping virtually every Republican Senator in asbestos, and using them to insulate my attic. I think that would be a more useful deployment of them, than what they're doing in the United States Senate. That is simply the most absurd, irrelevant, minimalist approach to governing that I've heard. You know, the trouble is...it reminds me of something that I think Norman Lamont, when he was chancellor of the exchequer, said in Britain about ten years ago, that he said that the conservative party, he said then, is in office, but not in power. And that's what these guys give the appearance of. They're in office, but they're not in power.
Well said again. Comes back to what I've been harping on for a long time - if you're a 'conservative' party who can't implement a conservative agenda when in power - why bother voting?



No comments: