Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Immigration Bill

It has been a while since I have really got to write on anything, with the move, tax season, and all the other fun things going on in my life. So, I might be a little late on events, but it is still stuff that sticks in my craw that I have to write some more.

It ticks me off that I have to go through all the hoops, pay the fees, deal with border guards with their interpretations of the law every time I cross, etc... and we get shuffled back to the end of the line. Steyn had the best obersevations on the absurdity of it all, and it comes pretty close to my own view on it.

Immigration is proving to be one of those issues where there is a strong public consensus on what needs to be done, but the politicians of both parties are tone deaf to it. This is the problem in the U.S., Canada, and Britain. The public wants some dialogue on who we should be letting in and how many, but it is caught up the rhetoric of too many groups who want to make it taboo and racially tinged.

No comments: